Board Meeting 2016-11-30

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm

Mabel Lake Hall

111 Shuswap Falls Rd

MLCC&RC Board meeting Minutes
Wednesday November 30, 2016 - 6:30 PM, at the hall.
Chair: Rita Romei, Secretary: Russ Collins. Call to order: 6:30
In attendance: Rita Romei, Russ Collins, Miriam Britch, Ken Caldwell, Stephanie Sexsmith (until 8 PM).

1. Approval of Agenda: Moved and seconded by Stephanie and Rita to accept the agenda with the addition of a report from the Sports director and leaving Varia open. CARRIED.

2. Approval of Minutes of November 2 meeting. Moved and seconded by Russ and Miriam to accept the minutes as presented. CARRIED.

3. Reports:

  1. Maintenance Report: Ken The action items that were discussed and the priorities established for maintenance are:
    • Kitchen: Range Hood: cut cabinets left, move between stoves; 1 range hood per.
    • Moved and seconded by Miriam and Rita that Ken is to approve at least two options for range hoods by next week that will be voted on via email, with installation to be done by the AGM. CARRIED
    • Microwave onto a new shelf, to free up counter space.
    • Concession window: discussed options of counterweight or metal rolling like WCRC or accordion. It was determined the option needs to be sturdy because of sport projectiles. Rita will contact Monique at WVRC about the metal rolling option. Ken will draw up a plan for the counter weight option. The options will be discussed and voted on via email. Also plug-ins on island. And a retractable faucet to be purchased by Ken, to make filling the mop bucket easier.
    • Moved and seconded by Rita and Russ to provide Ken with a $300 discretionary budget for material recognized as needed. CARRIED.
    • Bathroom: Both bathrooms vent to attic or furnace room: ducting & installation needed & repair to ceiling. Ken to provide estimate. Painting to be done this spring.
    • Storage Room: to be discussed at the next meeting - perhaps raise floor only a bit to reduce ramp slope. Ken to make estimate including lockable cupboards, outside door modification and new ramp.
  2. Sports Report: Stephanie Moved and seconded by Miriam and Rita that drop-in sports will start in the new year and be free until further notice, and that Stephanie provide a monthly scheduled to be promoted in the Stump Rancher CARRIED.
  3. Financial Report and bank balance: Russ : Balance is $26,138.38. Rentals alone since the beginning of April have grossed about $3,500.
  4. Rentals Report: Miriam Miriam is stepping down as Rental Director & will be reducing board involvement and attendance due to new business opportunity. Options to fill the position were discussed. Including hiring. Refer to follow up #3 & 7.
  5. Promotion and Communications: Huguette: N/A.
  6. Overall MLCC Report: Rita: N/A.

4. Follow up from November 2 Meeting, subsequent emails, and above reports:

  • WCB coverage and its effect on current workers: Aready clarified by email: non proprietor may work 8 hours per week. Major concern of some is our liability.
  • Rentals: see item 3 below.
  • Website content and updates: Russ suggested hiring an interested young adult to handle administrating rentals and updating the website. Russ will ask Joe if he is willing to change the lock codes and show the hall to prospective renters.
  • Stump Rancher Printing: reimbursement for costs of paper, ink, copier use - awaiting return of Deulings.
  • Review of Wish List and Estimates: done above.
  • Approval of checklist for water system: salt level check/addition
  • Russ will replace Miriam on the sub-committee to work on procedure and protocol for MLCC events.

5. New Business:

  • MLCC Logo Design Contest. Rita will send parameters to the Board.
  • Participants for Bursary Selection Rita / Terri time tab - Presenter at CBSS Grad Ceremony May 26: Stephanie (Rita will if Steph cannot)
  • Rita asked all directors to sign off on all emails as it can become confusing when there're many back and forth comments via the directors email.

6. Upcoming Events
Yoga sessions.
Christmas Get-Together. Rita away. Setup & Clean up to be done by Joe?

7. Varia:

8. NEXT Board MEETING: January 11 2017, 7:00pm

9. Adjournment: Moved and seconded by Miriam and Ken to adjourn at 9:00pm CARRIED.