Board Meeting 2019-04-02

Tue Apr 2, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

Andrew & Ardis'

24 Cartwright Rd

Board Meeting — MINUTES — April 2, 2019

In attendance: Ken Caldwell, Russ Collins, Terri Deuling, Andrew Miller, Doug Neill
 
  1. Adoption of Agenda - Doug moved, Russ 2nd
  2. Adoption of November meeting minutes - Doug moved, Russ 2nd
  3. Reports
    • Maintenance Report - Ken
      • Sign - Ken has put up the new sign with help of Fred. Sign looks good but lettering a bit small.
      • Security - Ken has 2 security looking cameras that flash red lights. Could be put up to deter vandalism.
      • Water - Plumbing from new well has yet to be done. Andrew has talked to Tannis and emphasized the importance of having it done before rental season.
    • Financial Report - Russ
      • Received the $10,000.00 grant from RDNO on March 28 putting bank balance at the end of March at $18,727.38.
        In addition we have additional funding approved for:
        • Projector, screed and audio $5,000.00
        • Security system $1,000.00
        • Signage upgrades $1,000.00
        • Accordion room dividers $1,000.00
    • Rentals Report – Doug
      • Rentals coming along for the summer; July is almost booked up.
      • The donated rental has been booked.
      • Russ suggested Doug call cadets re: summer rentals. 
    • Events Report - Terri
      • Set aside dates for summer events.
      • Burger Nights, June 21 & July 12
      • 100 Mile Potluck, August 24

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Hall Improvements - Andrew and Ardis will take care of purchasing appropriate projector, screen and audio system.

  2. Signage Improvements - Ken had sign made and erected for $1,000.00 all in.

  3. Accordion Dividers - Andrew has looked into different types and we’ll decide if we will purchase them.

  4. Security System - Ken will look into purchasing new security system.

  5. Water Hook-up - waiting for RDNO to redo plumbing in hall.

  6. Whitevalley Donation - week-end hall donation purchased for $300.00. That amount was matched making a total donation to WVCRC $600.00. Week-end rental worth $1,000.00.

  7. Outhouse Relocation - Building is up at Ken’s. The hole is dug and tank in place just need to place building and do some minor repairs.

  8. Interpretive Centre - Huguette’s grant application was unsuccessful so plans on hold for now.

NEW BUSINESS

  1. Bursary Selection - April 10 at CBSS. Andrew and Ardis will attend.

  2. Changing Club Boundaries - No real interest or demand from anyone outside of current boundaries so no change. 

  3. Adopt a Highway - We’re now on the signs from Rawlings Lake Road to Sigalet Road. 

  4. Spring Clean-up - April 14. Terri will purchase refreshments.

  5. AGM - April 17 at 6:30 No guest speakers. Russ would like to present some by-law changes to be voted on at AGM.

ODDS & ENDS

  1. Russ will check with lawn maintenance people if they are still available.

  2. Meeting adjourned at 8:20pm

  3. Next meeting 7:00pm, May 7, 2019 at Doug’s